Prof. Xijun HU
Research Area | Research Interests | Current Research Activities | Teaching Assignments | Publications
Advanced Materials, Energy Technologies, Environmental Engineering - Heterogeneous catalysis; Adsorption equilibrium and kinetics; Nanostructured materials; Wastewater treatment.
Environmental catalysis and reaction; nanomaterials; adsorption.
Current Research Activities
Development of heterogeneous nano-porous catalyst by chemical vapour deposition (CVD) and its application in wastewater treatment by catalytic wet oxidation, photo-oxidation; Nanocomposite particles of Fe/clay as catalyst for photo-Fenton reaction; Continuous wastewater treatment by catalytic wet oxidation using a trickle bed reactor; Modified MCM-41 materials for efficient storage and rapid release of hydrogen; Multicomponent adsorption equilibrium and kinetics in heterogeneous porous media; Characterization of microporous solids; fabrication of Meso-Structured Crystals for Electrical and Optical Applications.
2017-18 Spring: CENG5210 - Advanced Separation Processes
2017-18 Spring: UROP1100T - Undergraduate Research Opportunities Series 1
2018-19 Fall: CENG4710 - Environmental Control
2018-19 Spring: CENG4911 - Chemical Engineering Project
2018-19 Spring: CENG4912 - Chemical and Environmental Engineering Project
2018-19 Spring: CENG4913 - Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Project
2018-19 Spring: CENG5210 - Advanced Separation Processes
- Chatterjee, Amrita; Hu, Xijun; Lam, Leung Yuk Frank "Modified Coal Fly Ash Waste as an Efficient Heterogeneous Catalyst for Dehydration of Xylose to Furfural in Biphasic Medium", Fuel, v. 239, March 2019, p. 726-736 (2019)
- Chatterjee, Amrita; Hu, Xijun; Lam, Frank Leung Yuk "A Dual Acidic Hydrothermally Stable MOF-composite for Upgrading Xylose to Furfural", Applied Catalysis A: General, v. 566, September 2018, p. 130-139 (2018)
- Li, Cong; Mei, Xuanhao; Lam, Frank Yuk Lam; Hu, Xijun "Amorphous Iron and Cobalt Based Phosphate Nanosheets Supported on Nickel Foam as Superior Catalysts for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction", ACS Applied Energy Materials, v. 1, (12), November 2018, p. 6764-6768 (2018)
- Chatterjee, Amrita; Hu, Xijun; Lam, Leung Yuk Frank "Catalytic Activity of an Economically Sustainable Fly-ash-metal-organic-framework Composite Towards Biomass Valorization", Catalysis Today, v. 314, September 2018, p. 137-146 (2018)
- Chatterjee, Amrita; Hu, Xijun; Lam, Leung Yuk Frank "Towards a Recyclable MOF Catalyst for Efficient Production of Furfural", Catalysis Today, v. 314, September 2018, p. 129-136 (2018)